Today is exactly one year ago that the 21 year old Dutch-Moroccan Abdelhak Nouri made his debut for the Dutch top team Ajax Amsterdam. He even scored a delightful free kick. Finally, after growing and evolving so many years he made his debut with a promising start. That promising start would be the last highlight of his career.
Unfortunately last summer Nouri suffered a brain injury during a pre-season friendly against Werder Bremen. The chance of recovery is as good as nill. The whole football world was shocked with this news and showed their support with tweets, Instagram posts and Facebook posts. Even now, months after the incident, is it very hard to discuss this subject. However, we should remember Nouri as a good, cheerful and respectful boy, who loved football more than anything else. We wish Nouri and his familiy all the strength! We still believe that as long as there is 1% chance, we will have 99% faith. #StayStrongAppie
His debut for Ajax:
Reactions of Famous Footballers on social media:
I was very sad to hear the news about Appie Nouri, I speak for every player who's thoughts and love are with him and his family. He's a talented young player and my friend tells me that he is a kind and respectful boy. May his family have all the strength possible to deal with this at such a difficult time 🙏
— Patrick Kluivert (@PatrickKluivert) July 13, 2017
— Luis Suarez (@LuisSuarez9) July 13, 2017
— Sergio Ramos (@SergioRamos) July 13, 2017