It’s almost Ramadan! It’s a special month for Muslims worldwide and here are 13 reasons why we are all looking forward to the start of it.
1. The evening before when the moon sighting begins
2. Knowing that all Muslims around the world are fasting gives you a special feeling of unity
3. For a lot of Muslims, Ramadan is easily the most spiritual highlight of the year
4. Going to the mosque to pray together
5. All the traditional sweets and amazing food
6. Families gather together to break their fast
7. You’re more grateful for what you have
8. Everyone tries their best to be more tolerant, nice and helpful
9. We spend more time with friends and family
10. We get to see how diverse Muslims are, and the different cultural ways to experience Ramadan
11. We get to buy an entire new outfit to prepare for Eid
12. And of course the day of Eid! We end with a big celebration!
13. We get to look forward for the next Ramadan!