The idea that there are no synagogues or churches in the Muslim world is false, yet so wide-spread. In fact, many non-Muslim sites of worship thrive in majority dominated Muslim countries. And here is a fun fact, several of these churches, synagogues and temples have been renovated by Muslims. Despite the presence of churches and synagogues, there should be more initiative to build more of them in Muslim countries.
Check out these 15 beautiful churches and synagogues in predominantly Muslim countries.
1. Basilica of Our Lady of Peace in Yamoussoukro, Ivory Coast
2. The Algazi Synagogue in Izmir, Turkey
3. El Ghriba Synagogue in Tunisia
4. Russian Church of St. Philip the Apostle – UAE
5. The Neve Shalom Synagogue in Istanbul, Turkey
6. Saint Gregory the Illuminator Armenian Orthodox Parish – UAE
7. The Gracanica Monastery in Kosovo
8. The Cathedral Sacre-Coeur in Casablanca, Morocco
9. St Anthony of Padua Church in Istanbul, Turkey
10. The Patriarchal Basilica of St. George in Fenerbahçe, Turkey
11. St Nicholas Orthodox Church in Aktobe City, Kazakhstan
12. The National Church of Nigeria in Abuja
13. The Chicken Church, Indonesia
14. the Grand Synagogue of Edirne, Turkey